Vancouver E-Bike Adventures Waiver
– – –
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR TO CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
– – –
TO: Vancouver E-Bike Adventures and their directors, officers, employees, guides, agents, independent contractors, subcontractors, representatives, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees”)
I, as a person of the undersigned, hereby acknowledge, agree and understand that there are inherent risks and dangers attached to outdoor activities, and in particular to the sports of biking and road cycling (including electric bikes) related activities. I agree to assume completely those risks and dangers of whatever nature. Moreover, I agree to assume solely full responsibility for all damage of any nature that I might cause to third parties. Moreover, in consideration of the acceptance of my registration as a participant, and /or use of rental equipment like bicycles (including electric bikes) and their equipment, I hold free and harmless from any liability the organizer, Vancouver E-Bike Adventures, its administrators, its organizer, its employees, its representatives; the BCMCA and Cycling BC, their representatives, and volunteers; Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Province of British Columbia; all sponsors and organizations involved in this tour as well as any other person or organization directly or indirectly involved in this tour. I therefore forever waive my right to claim and my right of action against each and every person mentioned in the foregoing lines in relation with the occurrence of any loss, damage or injury of any nature that I might sustain regarding this event, before, during and after its happening.
I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, AND IN PARTICULAR TO ROAD CYCLING (including e-biking) AND OTHER OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
I further acknowledge and agree that all expenses associated with an accident or emergency situation, rescue or first aid will be my responsibility and will not be covered by the Releasees.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees allowing me to participate in outdoor activities as defined in this Agreement, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the Releasees and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense, illness or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in cycling activities, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal illness or injury to any third party resulting from my participation in biking, cycling (including electric biking) and other outdoor activities;
3. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
4. This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of British Columbia and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
In entering into this Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of cycling and other outdoor activities, other than what is set forth in this agreement.